Amity Educational Foundation is a registered charity (1133629) based in London and its main purpose is to provide children and young people from disadvantaged backgrounds an opportunity to express their energy in a constructive manner.
Amity Educational Foundation was set up by parents and teachers who are inspired by the teachings of Muslim scholar and peace advocate Fethullah Gülen. Mr Gülen was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Education by Leeds Metropolitan University in 2010.
We aim to support our beneficiaries via the implementation of social and educational activities which increases confidence, vision, and aspirations with respect to the wider world. Furthermore, we also like to complement cultural differences thus promote community cohesion.
To promote general charitable purposes for the benefit of the public, in particular, but not exclusively the Turkish speaking community in the UK, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- The advancement of education;
- The relief of financial hardship by making grants of money for providing or paying for services;
- The provision and assistance in the provision of facilities for recreation and others leisure time occupation for individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement or for the public at large in the interest of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life.
Amity believes that it will become a charity at the centre of communities from Turkish-speaking and other ethnic groups.
- To assist the younger generation to gain confidence and achieve higher results academically. As well as develop a sense of identity and become active in community issues faced in their neighbourhoods.
- To facilitate community cohesion by endorsing understanding and tolerance between cultural differences found in London.
- To offer guidance, advice, counselling and support which will act as a catalyst for self-esteem, self-determination, self-value, self-development.
- To educate isolated communities thus provide qualifications and transferable skills which increase chances of employability.
- To create an environment that enhances learning and one, which is self-motivating, stimulating, and exciting and promotes a greater sense of local community.
Our Current Activities
- English and maths for children from year 1 up to year 6
- Turkish language classes for children and adults
- ESOL classes
- Career advice seminars for college students and their parents
- Parental meetings
- Setting up and maintaining student hostels
- Sports activities for youth
- School Holiday Camps
- Art Club for children
We are a member of,